Wednesday 7 October 2015

Wednesday Wishlist #4



With Maths Week just around the corner I felt it would be apt to share five math based websites I wish I had known about this time last year.

No. 1   k-5 math teaching resources

This site provides an extensive collection of free resources, math games and hands on math activities.
Here are some screenshots of the site.



No. 2  Virtual Manipulatives

This link would have been such a life saver a year ago but I am glad it found its way into my life now It. provides any math manipulative you want displayed on you IWB in an instant from number lines to clock faces to fraction tiles.. It even virtually roles two number cubes!!!! Mind blown!! How come nobody told me about this site!!!! (sigh)









No. 3 Matific


This is a wonderful child friendly site, You will need to sin up but the games are fantastic. There are many strands covered which will reinforce concepts or perhaps you could use this site during station teaching.



No. 4 Classmaths Irish Primary School Maths

This website is designed to support the Irish Primary School Curriculum.
This sorting game is so cute!

No. 5 Get Smart
I shared this website in my Facebook page a couple of weeks ago and I hope you all have got some use out of it. The breakdown of each math area is laid out clearly and I hope everyone loves it as much as I do.





I hope these websites are helpful to you and you class over the next few weeks. If you have any Math Websites that you love using why not share them below. 




No comments:

Post a Comment